PechaKucha Night Sunshine Coast 2016Posted 26 Feb 2016 by admin
WHEN: Wednesday 10th February 2016, 6 for 6.30 pm
WHERE:The Old Ambulance Station80 Howard Street, Nambour
COST: $15/$10 Concession
Tickets are now available online! https://events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/animate-PKN16
Animate – is about bringing things to life – injecting them with energy and action. While most people might think of cartoon animation, the concept of animation can be performance, communities and places. Our presenters include artists, designers, entrepreneurs, environmentalists at the forefront of projects and activities that are all about animation in all its various forms, many of them active within our Sunshine Coast communities.
Presenters at this event will talk about what they’re are passionate about for a maximum of 6 minutes and 40 seconds. That’s the challenge of presenting in the Pecha Kucha format – creative people talking about their work using 20 slides, each shown for 20 seconds. The first coastal Pecha Kucha Night on the Sunshine Coast was held in October 2009 and well over 100 folk have presented at these events. This time our fabulous line-up includes the following:
- John Waldron €_€€€ Curator and Social Innovator http://blueskyview.com.au
- James Rose €€€ Founder, The Kick Project http://www.thekickproject.blogspot.com.au
- Denise Daffara €€€ Artist http://www.denisedaffara.com.au
- Michael Doneman €€€ Social/cultural animator http://michaeldoneman.com
- Hamish Sewell €€€ Soundtrail creator http://soundtrails.com.au
- Robyn Brown €€€ Singer, advocate and artist http://sassyjazz.com.au
- Chris Collins €€€ Children’s author www.funkybooks.com.au
- Robbie Murray €€€ Community activator
- Matt Godden €€€ Multi-disciplinary artist http://www.mattgodden.com
We want to thank our partners on this event The Old Ambulance Station, and sponsors POMO (who designed our fantastic poster) and CQUniversity. This program has been co-funded through the Regional Arts Development Fund €€€ a partnership between Sunshine Coast Council and Arts Queensland.
2016 will see us ease back into paid membership of $30 per year, which we plan to offset with member discounts on a range of events, the new process will be online soon.
There’s lots more coming up in 2016. Let us know if you want to get involved!