You can share the inspirations of some of our region’s most creative souls at the upcoming Pecha Kucha Night on Friday September 16 at Caloundra
Regional Gallery. From Sunshine Coast Arts Prize finalists Stefan Dunlop and A J Taylor to film-maker Andrew Leavold whose documentary The Search For Weng Weng traces his hunt for the enigmatic two-foot-nine Filipino James Bond, to Mandi McIntyre’s work as a cultural producer with The Planting and the Woodford
Folk Festival. These are just some of the interesting and extraordinary people you can hear from at this creative networking event.
The theme is ‘Vision’ and artists and creatives will be sharing their visions about creative projects, opportunities and culture across the Sunshine Coast.
Each talk must fit within the Pecha Kucha Night 6 minute 40 second format. The evening will include 12 presentations using the highly visual global
Pecha Kucha Night format where 20 slides are shown for just 20 seconds each.
The program will feature:
- Nycole Prowse & Lisa Raith – Artists & Independent Academics, Peripheral Arts
- Stefan Dunlop – Artist (SCAP finalist)
- Alex Mearing – Fashion Designer, Klams
- Zoe Martin – Artist, Designer
- Andrew Leavold – Filmmaker
- Wallea Eaglehawk – Curator, Project Coordinator, Drawn Together
- Mandi McIntyre – Program Manager, The Planting
- A J Taylor – Artist (SCAP finalist)
- Esther & Jonny Bundellu – Lifestyle Engineers, The Pocket Café, Moffats Beach
- Jake Donelan – Runamuk Visuals
- Catherine Simpson – Landscape Architect
- Hamish Sawyer – Caloundra Regional Gallery Curator
The Creative Alliance in partnership with Caloundra Regional Gallery is excited to be hosting the first Pecha Kucha Night for the southern end of the region.
The Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance has been running PKN on the coast since 2009, at the time being the first regional centre in Australia to host
For those who haven’t been to one of our Pecha Kucha Night’s before, you can check out some of the presentations from our last one, with some presentations uploaded to the global site. http://www.pechakucha.
Pecha Kucha Night # 19 will be on Friday 16 September at Caloundra Regional Gallery commencing at 6.00 pm. Tickets are $15 or $10 for Creative Alliance
members and available at