Manuscript Development Project for Sunshine Coast WritersPosted 10 Jun 2020 by Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance
This Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance initiative ‘Manuscript Development Project’ is designed to meet the demand for the career development of emerging writers on the Sunshine Coast who have written or are writing full-length manuscripts. The project, designed for 8 – 12 participants, will consist of a series of workshops blending targeted writing exercises, peer feedback, industry knowledge, advice and professional mentorship conducted by author and creative writing teacher Dr Melanie Myers.
The goal of this workshop series is to give emerging writers the tools to prepare their manuscripts for submission to national manuscript development awards and competitions, direct submission to publishers, and to give their manuscripts the best chance of success.
The manuscript development workshops will be held fortnightly between August and October on Sundays from 10am – 12pm or 12 – 2pm over 12 weeks. Participants will be allocated a morning or afternoon time slot. Preference will be considered but not guaranteed.
The Manuscript Development Project is suitable for emerging writers who:
• Do not yet a have a full-length manuscript published;
• Have finished or have written at least 20,000 words of a full-length work of fiction (any genre) or creative nonfiction, including memoir;
• Hope to be traditionally published and/or are considering self-publishing.
The Manuscript Development Project for Sunshine Coast Writers is sponsored by the Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance. If you wish to apply for this program initiative, please complete an EOI that includes:
• A biography/CV highlighting your publications and writing experience (including any courses or workshops you have done) (no more than 100 words)
• A synopsis of your manuscript (300 – 400 words)
• A statement on why you think the Manuscript Development Project would be beneficial (no more than 200 words)
• A 1500-word sample of your manuscript (preferably the opening pages).
Please send your EOI responses to Melanie Myers: email@example.com
EOI close: 6 July, 2020
Download the PDF EOI here: SCCA Manuscript Development Project EOI